Wednesday, January 7, 2009

ever had mondays like this?

Jan 5, of course it's a monday. Dropped my kids off at school and I had to get to my bbq place work on the fire in the pit, put some stuff in the warmer, and lock up. I had to rush to Giddings to my physical therapy appointment. An hour of being shocked and cooked to death with the extreme heat I rushed back to Lexington it was raining. I was being careful, I just bought my sisters car and got it that Sunday. I ended up running over a metal piece in the road from the construction that was on the bridge. So I kept going made it to my shop, well I had a flat tire from that metal and it hit the side of my car and dented it! So I had to just continue on before I opened. I was already behind from the doctor's appointment. I checked the warmer and thought it was strange that the brisket wasn't up to temp yet, so I turned the warmer way up and keep on going with my duties. I went out to check on the pit and slipped off the steel steps I have around back and fell hurting my back even more. So I got up and started putting the drinks in the freezer and hit my head on the door then I realized the meat I put in the warmer was not brisket it was my deli meat (turkey). I smoked all of it! it was steaming, my mom and daughter was just laughing so hard and couldn't believe the Monday I was having. But some how I got through the day and am recovering with the help from my doctors...I was embarassed when I had to explain the whole thing again on my next visit, I couldn't hide I hurt myself they noticed it right away...well I hope your mondays go well for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment